The UC IPM kiosks are portable resources that contain pest management information in both English and Spanish for over 65 common home and garden pests. Information in the kiosks provide quick information and includes numerous photos to aid users in pest identification. The kiosks contain local county UC Cooperative Extension and Master Gardener contact information to help residents find additional pest and plant help.
Borrowing a Kiosk for Your County
Kiosks are available statewide for UC programs to borrow for local UC-sponsored events or for placement in retail stores, libraries, etc. UC affiliates (MGs, UCCE staff, advisors, etc.) are responsible for transporting the kiosk. UC IPM does not reimburse for mileage.
The kiosks need to be plugged in and require two outlets, one for the screen and one for the printer.
We recommend you reserve a kiosk at least 2 months before your planned use. The kiosk reservation calendar fills up quickly between March and September. See reservation steps below.
We encourage you to use the kiosk for multiple back-to-back events or locations. For example, if you plan to use a kiosk for a week at your county fair in July, see if a local retail nursery or library would like use it for a month either before or after the fair.
For other information about borrowing and using the kiosk, see the frequently asked questions.
Steps to Reserving
- Determine a location in your county, such as a nursery or garden center, library, or specific Master Gardener event. The kiosks require electricity to run and are best viewed indoors or in areas with ample shade.
- Assign someone who will be responsible for the kiosk (including transport, communication with UC IPM, communication with placement site contact).
- Determine the dates you would like the kiosk. For garden centers, libraries, etc., placement of at least a month is recommended.
- Submit the kiosk request form and contact the regional contact in your area (listed below).
For Northern CA (counties north of Merced and Mariposa including Bay Area): Fill out the Kiosk Use Request form online.
For Southern CA coastal counties:
Regionally shared kiosks are available for Central Coast, and Imperial Valley counties.
- Riverside, San Bernardino, Imperial: Contact Rosa Olaiz
- San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura: Contact Maria Murrietta
For more information about reserving the IPM Kiosk, contact
UC ANR: Integrated Pest Management
2801 Second Street
Davis, CA 95618-7774